[Asterisk-Users] SIP ATA's as "house" phones

Colin Stefani colin.stefani at tideworks.com
Wed Jul 27 21:53:25 MST 2005

cost is approx $350 per phone, we order a special chip to deal with certain dial-tone situations (noisy tone or lack of) as well which changes some of the part number.

My issue is that I need to avoid the degree of programming it takes to do that kind of functions adn we've found that for our application, having the unit connect through like a "hotline" phone where you just pick it up off hook and it's ringing is best. We have about 300 units deployed nation wide and so we try to keep the programming at the "edges" to minimum and keep that in the centralized PBX's (must easier to troubleshoot and admin).

This is used a kiosk outdoors (long story).

I would highly recommend this phone if you're looking for a door phone or outdoor phone. Lots of good programming options if need them.

-colin