[Asterisk-Users] Question about Nextone softswitch

PROTANUSA at aol.com PROTANUSA at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 13:04:45 MST 2005

As an example....if we have a call that:
    1.  originates via PSTN line to one of our local DID's in Seattle
    2.  comes into our Asterisk server in Los Angeles or Denver
    3.  is routed by Asterisk for termination back to a different Seattle
PSTN
....and if our VOIP call termination provider requires (in order to get
their best rate) all calls to go through their Nextone softswitch in  Dallas
before ultimately terminating at the desired Seattle PSTN line...

What is the resulting affect as it relates to any difference in "user
experience" for the caller in Seattle....and what, if any, is the cost  difference
on our end due to the extra hop?

CHEERS!

David