[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel error: Unable to create channel op type 'Zap'

Peter Raaijmakers voip at boumakers.nl
Wed Jul 27 02:50:25 MST 2005

Hi,

In struggeling with this problem for a two weeks now.
I have a X100P clone card in my * box but I'm not able to get it to run.
I'm running fedora core 3 with kernel 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3 on a VIA
EPIAML500EA

The compiling of both zaptel and asterisk went without any errors.
I can run zaptel and asterisk without any errors.
When I run ztcfg I don't get any errors too.

But when I try to place a call trough my x100p I get this error message
in asterisk:
  NOTICE app_dial.c:1091 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel op
type 'Zap'

Outside calls are not comming in either.

Here are my zapata.conf and zaptel.conf:

------------
-zapata.conf-
[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming
channel=>1

-zaptel.conf-
loadzone = nl
defaultzone=nl

fxsks=1

The funny part comes here:
I'm installing a *box for a friend with a ISDN card and the same
problem occures.
So I probarbly doing something wrong in fedora...

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Peter