[Asterisk-Users] Dial using URI(web) or using FORM(web)

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Jul 26 11:56:09 MST 2005

On 17:48, Tue 26 Jul 05, JunkMail wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have an Asterisk at home instalation with 7 users working OK, and I'ld like
> to implement either a
> -- Web dial feature, where the user would fill one form field with a phone
> number and a connection would be created between his extention and the
> entered number.
> OR
> -- Dial using an URI (callto:xxxxx link in a web page), having AstTapi
> installed and configured in all workstations.
>
> Considering we spend all day manually dialing numbers from our database, one
> of those solutions would be GREAT !
> The second solution should be easier but the windows dialer app just won't
> do...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> M.G.

Hi,

We have implemented something that looks like option 1
We have a webbased addressbook. As soon as you login the
system will know your extension.
When you click on a phonenr in the webapp it will connect to
the manager API and originate a call for you. Your phone
rings, you pick up, and the system calls the number.
Works like a charm and never failed on us.
If this is what you are looking for I can provide some more
indepth info :)))
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info