[Asterisk-Users] Any experience with Sixtel--tollfreedirect--iax.cc?

Erik Espinoza erik.espinoza at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:18:33 MST 2005

The Good:
I've had sixTel since December 2004. I've had surprisingly good call
quality and very short ping times. Overall the service has been good.
Response times for support were great when I needed it in the past. I
got a $10 rebate for my toll free DID because it was a couple of weeks
late, however I was kept in the loop from beginning to end until it
was active. I was informed that the provider they used lagging. I was
informed how to determine if the DID was routed to them yet or not,
etc.

The Bad:
My buddy, based on my recommendation, signed up for sixTel + toll free
DID on May 2005. To this day he has not recieved a response from
sixTel or been able to contact them. I have attemped to contact them
on his behalf myself, since I was so successful before, with no luck.
He is chalking this up to a bad luck and looking for a new provider.

The Ugly:
My buddy is stuck in a predicament, his custom toll free DID is
currently in the possesion of sixTel and he can't move it to a new
provider. In addition, during the few times I have attempted to
communicate with them I have observed the following:

1) All calls to sixTel's toll free number lead to a voiceprompt that
tells you to use the web site, no one is ever available.
2) sixTel's own toll free number has disappeared on more than one
occasion, where you don't even get the voice prompt telling you to use
the web site.
3) The web site's emergency support that supposedly pages a tech
doesn't get a response.

In short, I myself will be looking for a new provider once the money I
have deposited in my sixTel account runs out. I'd like to have a cheap
per minute rate similar to sixTel, and I'd like to be able to LNP my
current numbers away from sixTel. If anyone knows of a provider that
meets this criteria please shoot me a note.

Thanks,
Erik