[Asterisk-Users] Queue agent wrap up time.. .any ideas?

Tim Karl tkarl at imminc.com
Tue Jul 26 08:44:57 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 16:53 +0000, Johann wrote:
>

>>Tim,
>>
>>There isn't such a feature in 1.0.x.  I don't know of any work being
>>down toward such a feature in the CVS either.  You could try placing a
>>bounty on the feature to get it added or add it yourself if you are a
>>programmer.
>>

>>--johann
>>
>>Tim Karl wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I'm wondering if there is any "tried and true" way of creating an
>>>agent initiated "wrap up time". Any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thank You,
>>>
>>>Timothy Karl
>>>

>On the other hand:
>
>You can set the AGENTWRAPUPTIME variable before the call.
>
>Not sure how it works, but you might could do a number to dial that
>would up that the wrapup time variable.
>
>If you could set that after the call that could work.

Thanks, I'll take your recommendations into consideration. Based off of
Joseph's reply, I found a way to create a 'make busy' that can be kept
track of using the manager api listening to all events. Here are the
rules I used...

exten => *43, 1, Answer
exten => *43, 2, SetVar(AgentWrapUpTimeStart=${CALLERIDNUM}-${EPOCH})
exten => *43, 3, Echo
exten => *43, 4, SetVar(AgentWrapUpTimeEnd=${CALLERIDNUM}-${EPOCH})
exten => *43, 5, Hangup

While an agent is in queue, they enter Echo which works as 'make busy'
setting a start time and end time using the ${epoch} variable (which is
the number of secs from Jan, 1, 1970). Also, the ${calleridnum} will
serve to track the agent who goes into the echo. While in echo, no calls
can come to the agent. Echo seemed to be the only app I could find that
could serve this purpose. Do not disturb flag did not work for the agent
in queue.... calls still came through when the flag was set. One thing I
did notice is that unique id's are based off of the ${epoch} variable.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again for your
help and ideas.

--Tim