[Asterisk-Users] A TDM issue..

chouck chouck at 800goquick.com
Tue Jul 26 08:31:28 MST 2005

That is what I was worried about.  Let me try and explain the situation a
bit better... Basically I have an existing P.A. system that works by simply
picking up the line that it is connected to.  So basically I just pick up a
phone and I am instantly talking over the P.A.  So what I wanted to do was
hook the line into an fxs port (instead of a standard phone) and dial an
extension from anywhere and have it instantly bridge me to the line.  I
figured this would be simple and I thought that the answer command would do
it for me.. for instance

exten=1234,1,Answer(ZAP/1)

and wham.. I am on the P.A. when I dial 1234.  But unfortunately that is not
how the Answer command works and I was hoping someone on here would know of
an alternative.

Thanks again,

-Chad