[Asterisk-Dev] RE: [Asterisk-Users] Zaptel update, Asterisk 1.2 janitor projects

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 26 05:37:51 MST 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 19:06, Adam Robins wrote:
> -- continue fxo operation after the magical 25 days
>
> Could someone please translate this highly technical explanation into
> something more meaningful?  I already spend far too many hours dealing with
> the "nuances" of Digium hardware.

Could someone also cite the bugs.digium.com bug number for this, I'd like to
see the patch.

> I installed two TDM400P cards in two separate servers last month.  Although
> they continue to launch outbound calls, they both mysteriously stopped
> answering inbound calls until I reboot the systems.  I didn't count how
> many days they lasted.  I need to know if this zaptel patch addresses this
> particular issue - because I'm about to toss the cards and order from
> Sangoma.

That's specifically the issue surrounding the FXO ports on the TDM card.

At this time I also do not believe that Sangoma has anything to offer in the
way of low-density FXO or FXS POTS connectivity, just strictly T1/E1/J1.

-A.