[Asterisk-Users] Digium Card Question

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:56:56 MST 2005

> I was looking through the cards, and could not tell the difference between
> TE410P and TDM400P.

TDM400P has the possibility of up to 4 FXS or FXO modules for use with
regular analog telephones (into FXS mods) or regular POTS lines (using
FXO)

> Looking at the picture, both of them can support up to 4 FXO. TE410P does
> not need any additional modules, with if I use TDM400P then I need to buy
> FXO modules, X100M right?
If you want to use them to connect to the phone system, you need a
TDM400P is the lines are plain anaglog.

> I want to build a simple IVR with my Asterisk and also send faxes using
> sendfax command. Do I need to get FXS ports or can I just get away with FXO?
FXS connects to phones, FXO to phone lines. FXO gives a dialone, FXS
generates dialtone.

> Also, I am going to use Dell Dimensions 2400 - can I go with TE410P or
> should I get TE405? It seems like some cards are 3.3 V and some are 5V...
> Which one do I need to this PC?

Can't help you there, sorry.