[Asterisk-Users] Zap channel configuration problem

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Mon Jul 25 10:23:28 MST 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:44:07 +0200
  "Alexis F." <a.fecourt at labplug.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use a digum card to call an external
>number through my PSTN. I think that I have a problem in
>the configuration. Asterisk returns me app_dial.c:764
>dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
>
> I use Fedora core 3.
> I installed libpri, zaptel and asterisk.
> I plugged my line on the FXS module (green part).

I am sure someone will correct me if I am worng, but I
just looked on Digium's sit to verify, and the Green
moduls are FXS modules for connecting analog phone sets.
NOT to connect to the PSTN. For the PSTN you would need
the FXO module which is red.

Hopefully you have not had any incoming calls, as that
will blow up the FXS module and make it unusable!!!!

> I make modprobe zaptel && modprobe wctdm without error
>return.
>
> Configuration files :
>
> /etc/zaptel.conf
> fxsks=1
> loadzone = it
> defaultzone=it
>

> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
> [channels]
> language=en
> context=from-sip
> signalling=fxs_ks
>

> /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
> TRUNK=Zap/g2
> TRUNKMSD=1
> DIALOUTANALOG=Zap/1

You configs above regarding signalling would be correct IF
you had the FXO module and not the FXS module.

<SNIP>