[Asterisk-Users] network problem -- echo

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Jul 25 05:53:05 MST 2005

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I have problem with echo.
> I am running Asterisk server and someone else is running FireFly IAX2
> phone. When I talk to this person I get very strong echo on my end. His
> end is OK.
>
> At same time, I was trying to set up someone else with exactly same
> setup and there is no problem at all. So, looks like this is a network
> problem at this particular site. He is on ADSL 256/64. I have feeling
> that it is his router, but this is just a gut feel. I do not have other
> ADSLmodem /router.
>
> Are there any way to troubleshoot echo problems?

:)

1. Ask if they are using a speaker and mic built into the PC (This will
create echo) - solution: Tell them to use a headset

2. Check if they have any output volume (in volume control, advanced,
recording) set to record.

3. Check if they have a crappy sound card - solution: get another sound
card/usb headset/usb phone

Start with the simple things.  Can he use a different PC there?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell