[Asterisk-Users] network problem -- echo

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 25 04:30:55 MST 2005

Hi, all

I have problem with echo.
I am running Asterisk server and someone else is running FireFly IAX2 phone.
When I talk to this person I get very strong echo on my end. His end is OK.

At same time, I was trying to set up someone else with exactly same setup
and there is no problem at all. So, looks like this is a network problem at
this particular site. He is on ADSL 256/64. I have feeling that it is his
router, but this is just a gut feel. I do not have other ADSLmodem /router.

Are there any way to troubleshoot echo problems?

Thanks,
Rudolf