[Asterisk-Users] Operating AAH v1.1

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Jul 25 05:42:56 MST 2005

Hi,
Just set up AAH 1.1 using an HFC BRI line and 5 IP phones as per
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=ACT+P104+IP+Phone

The dialplan was configured through AMP and has nothing fancy in it.

As a first time user of not only Asterisk, but also a PBX, there are
some operator teething problems.

After much googling & searching of voip-info.org, I cannot find any
answers to these questions - Please can anyone come up with some
pointers or answers:

## Is there an Operators Guide for AAH? (ie: as needed by the
telephonist/receptionist)

## is there a set of codes (eg: *62 etc) that are usable in the AAH
setup - I've searched through extensions.conf and other files but cannot
find much.

## Call transfer. If I dial an internal extension, that (dialled) person
can to press the transfer button on their phone and transfer me to
another internal extension. If an incoming call is answered then the
person answering the incoming call is *not* able to transfer the
(incoming) call to another extension. Where do I start solving this (in
AMP)?

## If I call an extension and they do not reply, the (their) telephone
displays a "1 missed call" notice on the LCD. How can I clear this
(without re-booting the phone)? - Our supplier has no clue!!

## How do I clear voicemail from the telephone (not from the browser
interface)?

## The voicemail light does not even turn on for this phone - anyone
know how to trigger it?

I'm sure there are many more questions............

Any help/pointers would be wellcome.

TIA,
Zoltan

--