[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID, Called ID and Forwarded ID

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Jul 24 22:03:57 MST 2005

Last month I saw something funny which I can't reproduce anymore:

A 0500 number in .au is a service phone number and are forwarded
on exchange level to a real phonenumber. So if A calls B it gets
forwarded to C. Very simple.

Now the funny thing, on the phone of C, I saw both A and B as the
"caller id". I've been asking around and trying to get it again
with a private 0500 number, but haven't been able to recreate the
behaviour. It could be a special Q.931 option, it could be a random
fluke of the system, it just could be standard practise.

Has anybody ever seen this behaviour or know more of it?

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/