[Asterisk-Users] Incoming call prob

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 24 20:15:42 MST 2005

> I am having a problem with your my nufone service.
> I'm trying to setup incoming calls and I'm having no
> success. Outgoing works fine though.  The message I'm
> getting is "the person you are call is not currently
> reachable".  I'm going to give you as much info as I
> can.  I'm also an asterisk newb! Anyways, I installed
> asterisk at home.  Set up extensions which communicate to
> each other fine.  Everything is default except here is
> my iax.conf:
>
> [general]

 <snip>

> register => meadmaker:<mypassword>@switch-2.nufone.net
>
> [NuFone]
> type=peer
> host=switch-1.nufone.net
> secret=<mypassword>
>
> and here is what I added to extension.conf:
>
> ;added for nufone
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(8662521540)
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,IAX2/meadmaker at NuFone/${EXTEN}
>

> [inbound]
> exten => 8662521540,1,Answer()
> exten => 8662521540,2,Wait(2)
> exten => 8662521540,3,Dial(200)
>
> I would appreciate some help.

Try this approach instead:

[nufoneout] ; for outbound calls via NuFone.net
type=peer      ; used for outgoing calls
host=switch-1.nufone.net
username=meadmaker
secret=mysecret
disallow=all
allow=gsm

[NuFone] ; for incoming calls from NuFone
type=user      ; used for Incoming calls
secret=mysecret
context=nufone888
disallow=all
allow=gsm

Note in the above that type=peer is a context for outgoing calls,
and type=user is for incoming calls. (You only had a context for
outgoing calls in your posted example. The above are working
examples from my system.)

Also, there are two basic forms of the register statement:
 register => meadmaker:<mypassword>@switch-2.nufone.net
or
 register => meadmaker:<mypassword>@switch-2.nufone.net/8662521540

The first form tells the Nufone equipment that you are ready to
accept calls, however their equipment will not send you any digits.
You will have to use an exten => s approach in extensions.conf.

The second form does the same thing, but also tells the Nufone
equipment to send 8662521540 to you for each call. Then, your
extensions.conf entry can use the exten => 8662521540 approach.

Also, your really don't want to "answer" the call first and then
wait. Just do:
 exten => 8662521540,3,Dial(200)

When "you" answer the incoming call at extension 200, your asterisk
system will "then" automatically send an answer to Nufone.

Using my example above, you can send calls to Nufone by doing:
 exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(8662521540)
 exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,IAX2/nufoneout/${EXTEN}

Note that I've referenced the [nufoneout] context, where asterisk
picks up the host, username, secret, etc, from that context. No
need to bury your username, etc, within an exten => string.

Finally, depending upon whether you are using Stable or Head, the
SetCallerID keyword is in the process of changing to
 Set(CallerIDnum=8662521540|a). Head already supports this; not
sure whether Stable has it or not right now. Be aware.

Rich