[Asterisk-Users] Busy Lamp Field SIP Phone

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Sun Jul 24 17:37:22 MST 2005

dbruce wrote:
> The Cisco 7960 SIP firmware does not support the 7914 "sidecar"... To
> use the "sidecar" you need to use the SCCP (Call Manager) Firmware.
> There is chan_skinny in Asterisk but I don't recall seing support in it
> for the 7914. You may want to look at the chan_sccp driver.. it is
> supposed to have support for the "sidecar".

It supports up to 2 side cars.

However the Busy Lamp option is only now being developed, however should
be forth coming very soon. I have tested the speed dials without the BLF
with 1 side car and it works fine.

You can test the chan_sccp with this:
http://www.ipblue.com/solutions_vtgopcadv.htm
It does emulate a cisco 7960+7914 (old firmware version)

--

respectfully, Joseph