[Asterisk-Users] Busy Lamp Field SIP Phone

Craig Bruenderman cbruenderman at networkadvocates.com
Sun Jul 24 16:30:53 MST 2005

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good SIP phone with a busy lamp
field? I need my operator to be able to see extension status for about
20 extensions and transfer via HOLD + extension button. I've got a pair
of SNOM 360s with the sidecar, but I'm very disappointed with them. The
buttons are cheap and rubbery like a Sipura 841, the handset cord is
short and cheap, the audio quality is not good, the speaker is bad, the
button layout is too busy, and I've found it very hard to train my users
how to use.

Has anyone else had the same experience with the 360s? I'm ready to
replace them with anything. I put Polycom 501's in for everyone else and
they are wonderful.

Does the Cisco 7960 + 7914 work well for such an application? Keep in
mind it has to show free/busy status of 20 although I guess we could get
by with 14 if the 7960 + 7914 is a solid option. I'm in Louisville, KY
if anyone knows of a distributor or retailer that I could demo a unit
from.

Thanks

Craig Bruenderman

Network Advocates, Inc.