[Asterisk-Users] Do I have to worry about interrupt sharing here?

dbruce dbruce at bananatel.com
Sun Jul 24 10:59:17 MST 2005

With your current setup, your IDE channels, ethernet card and BRI card are all on seeperate interrupts, so you shouldn't have problems unless you will be making heavy use of USB devices.

It appears that you are using an Intel ICH5 based motherboard. The Intel ICH5 chipset supports IO-APIC. If you recompile your kernel with IO-APIC support each seperate device will get an interrupt of its own, and any potential interrupt problems should disappear.

Regards,
Derek