[Asterisk-Users] Do I have to worry about interrupt sharing here?

Angus Comber angus at iteloffice.com
Sun Jul 24 08:36:40 MST 2005

Hello

I am using a Junghanns QuadBRI ISDN card - the module name is qozap.  If I like at my interrupt assignment, qozap is sharing interrupt 10 with libata and uhci_hcd.

I think libata is the IDE hard drive module and uhci_hcd is a USB module.

linux:~ # modprobe qozap
linux:~ # cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:   12634579          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         10          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          0          XT-PIC  Intel ICH5
  5:          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd
  7:          0          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:      21988          XT-PIC  acpi, ehci_hcd, eth0
 10:       7657          XT-PIC  libata, uhci_hcd, qozap
 11:          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd
 12:        118          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      54851          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      25272          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Should I disable USB in the BIOS?  Should that remove uhci_hcd loading?  Is there a way to re-allocate the interrupt used for libata?

Angus