[Asterisk-Users] Queues and timeouts

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Jul 23 23:54:50 MST 2005

Adam Goryachev wrote:

[snip]

>>This busy means, tell the queue app that the agent is busy. The queue
>>app willl go try someone else. The caller will keep hearing music. :)
>

> Julian, and others,
>
> If someone offers you a suggestion towards solving your problem, you
> might at least try it before discarding the advice. I (or the person
> replying to you) went to some effort to learn this stuff at some point,
> and to type the reply to you.

I must turn round and defend myself here against this - I normally do
listen to all the advice I'm given, but this simply did not make sense
to me at the time. It's that simple. I was also not in a position to try
out said advice because I was a hundred miles away from the machine with
no ssh access - the wife forced me to take a holiday .. ;)

> [ok, so I deleted the rest of my rant...]

perhaps just as well. ;)

> Please, let's just get along, and try things out, even if we thing it
> won't work...

I do investigate problems. In fact, although I'm not a "C" coder I have
tracked down *and fixed* two bugs in the Agent / Q systems and have had
the fixes comitted to CVS. That doesn't happen by accident.

> PS, ok, if I suggest that rm -rf / will solve all your problems, then
> maybe you shouldn't try it :)

Works for me >-)