[Asterisk-Users] Queues and timeouts

Sat Jul 23 07:25:48 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 06:35 -0400, Joseph wrote:
> >> exten => _6XXX,2,Busy
> >> exten => _6XXX,3,Hangup
> > But the whole point is that I don't want the caller to hear a busy
> > signal or get hung up, I want the Queue to try the next available agent.
> > Which it does at the moment, just with the errors mentioned in the error
> > log file.
> > Julian
> This busy means, tell the queue app that the agent is busy. The queue
> app willl go try someone else. The caller will keep hearing music. :)

Julian, and others,

If someone offers you a suggestion towards solving your problem, you
might at least try it before discarding the advice. I (or the person
replying to you) went to some effort to learn this stuff at some point,
and to type the reply to you.

[ok, so I deleted the rest of my rant...]

Please, let's just get along, and try things out, even if we thing it
won't work...

PS, ok, if I suggest that rm -rf / will solve all your problems, then
maybe you shouldn't try it :)

Regards,
Adam