[Asterisk-Users] Queues and timeouts

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Jul 22 22:52:30 MST 2005

Thanks Adam, replies inline:

Adam Goryachev wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 15:30 +0100, Asterisk wrote:
>
>>I've got several agents on a queue. However, they often forget to go
>>"not ready" or log off when they can't answer the phone.
>>
>>I would like a person calling my queue to be on the queue for a max of 2
>>minutes, and I'm using the rrmemory strategy.
>>
>>I put a timeout of 12 on the call to my agent in the [AgentQ] context
>>(they log on using Agentlogincallback). It all seems to work ok, except
>>that I get a load of "pbx.c: Timeout, but no rule 't' in context
>>'AgentQ'" in the error log. What would I use in the 't' rule to stop
>>this error from ocurring ?
>

> Easy one :)

and that is ? (I'm very slow on the uptake ...)

>>/* extensions.conf portion for calling agent */
>>[AgentQ]
>>
>>exten => _6XXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},12)
>

> You have ... so I don't know what that means, but perhaps you could add:

the ... means more lines of the extensions.conf before the lines in question

> exten => _6XXX,2,Busy
> exten => _6XXX,3,Hangup

But the whole point is that I don't want the caller to hear a busy
signal or get hung up, I want the Queue to try the next available agent.
Which it does at the moment, just with the errors mentioned in the error
log file.

Julian