[Asterisk-Users] Re: Business Edition

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 22 12:51:52 MST 2005

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

> Well, you read one of the FAQs.  The FAQ for mentoring organizations
> says (as I quoted in my first message)
>
> http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html#what_license_may_the_prog
>  What license may the programs be developed under?
>    Any that the mentoring organization chooses that are still free or
> open source. Also, all software development must happen in the open, on
> a website like SourceForge, Tigris, Savannah, Apache, or Berlios.

And don't you think that Google is completely aware of the license
issues related to Asterisk and took that into account before accepting
Asterisk as a mentoring organization? If you are concerned about the
license compatibility, why are you talking about here instead of with
Google?

> I guess I read 1 more FAQ than you.  But I'm not sure how quoting a
> Google FAQ is libelous FUD.

Your original message did not quote a Google FAQ, it accused Digium of
joining the SoC program only to collect the $500 mentoring fees. I
believe that qualifies :-)