[Asterisk-Users] IAX over HTTP

Julio Arruda jarruda-asterisk at jarruda.com
Fri Jul 22 10:41:04 MST 2005

Just remember that TCP will try to retransmit your lost voice packets,
what is not exactly of any use :-).

VPNs with IPSec and others (CIPE and some UDP 'related' vpns) would not
create this extra (and useless) overhead.
I've used IAX over OpenVPN (with SSL as you), and it does work, to some
level, but I would not do it for a living :-)