[Asterisk-Users] Did anyone else get spammed by GIZMO?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Jul 22 09:58:20 MST 2005

Dear Glomph,

Thanks, I know what the Gizmo project is.  I'm just not interested.

And yes, it's spam:
1. It's unsolicited -- I'm not registered on Sipphone.com.  It came in
through an email address I use exclusively for the asterisk-users list
and a small volume of personal mail.
2. It's commercial -- #5 of "10 more things to do" reads "Add $10 in
CallOut credit to your account and talk for hours".  So, they're trying
to sell me something.

Yokel: "A clumsy, unsophisticated person".  I think that would be their
preferred label... Why?  Because if you send unsolicited commercial
email in the US without offering a way to opt out of future mailings,
you're either clumsy and unsophisticated, or you're a criminal.  I gave
them the benefit of the doubt and called them "yokels".  If that term
offends you in any way, then let's use the more factual "criminals."