[Asterisk-Users] *@Home: SIP for testing?

Ed Pastore epastore at ascp.com
Fri Jul 22 09:47:42 MST 2005

Hi. As recommended by this list, I am setting up Asterisk at Home in
order to start learning what I need to learn in order to start
learning how to learn how to learn Asterisk, VOIP, telephony, etc..
Or something like that. :)

I am following the wonderful instructions on:
http://chayden.net/Asterisk/SeUpAsteriskAtHome.htm

 From that page, it looks like I can just get away with a $5.95/month
BroadVoice account. After all, I'm just testing.

But when I look at BroadVoice, they appear to have jacked up their
rates?
http://www.broadvoice.com/rateplans.html

Is there no longer a $5.95 one, and/or is there another service I can
use? I'm trying to spend as little as possible at this stage, but
want full inbound and outbound capabilities so I can test everything.

Thanks!