[Asterisk-Users] How to set the SMSC sender = VoIP provider 10-digit #

Henry Junior henryjunior at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 10:06:47 MST 2005

I have a VoIP provider that terminates to a PSTN 10-digit number.  I
want to be able to send/receive SMS messages that appear to be from
the 10-digit number that my VoIP provider gives me.

I am currently integrating Asterisk with Kannel and it works great.
Unfortunately, my mobile phone provider Cingular, doesn't allow me to
alter my number when I send out SMS messages.  Or at least I haven't
gotten it working.

I am looking for an *affordable* solution that will give me access to
the carrier network and allow me to set my SMS number so it matches
the VoIP PSTN terminated one.  Does anyone have any suggestions for
me?  Hope this gives you enough information.  I recognize the term
affordable is rather subjective.

Regards,
HJ