[Asterisk-Users] SIP extension auto busy's itself

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 22 07:08:52 MST 2005

> I have an IAX trunk link to a collegues house. I'm using AAH and he's
> got the latest CVS as of last Tuesday.
>
> Problem we're having is this; when I dial his extension 7201 (Pulver
> WiSIP phone) his * box sends me 1 ring and then Alison's busy message.
> If I call his 7202 extension (X-Ten Pro on a Win2K laptop) I get through
> but with only 1 way audio (me to him).
>
> Until I recently upgraded to AAH from a rather old CVS build this was
> all working fine.
>
> He can call me in the other direction with no problems.
>
> Any ideas?

Its almost impossible to guess at a problem without some hints from
your systems. I good start might be the CLI results from both systems
when good and bad calls are made.

Without that info, a wild ass guess is that WiSIP phone is not
properly registering with asterisk, or, the registration is timing
out, or, something like that. When the call to the WiSIP phone
fails, what does 'sip show peers' display?