[Asterisk-Users] IAXY & Voicemailmain problem

Bryce Chidester Bryce at BryceCo.Net
Thu Jul 21 23:08:53 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-21-07 at 23:08 -0500, Steve Maroney wrote:
> I have the original version of the IAXY. I had it laying around collecting
> dust, now Im actually putting it to use. When I call my voicemail
> extension (8500), Before I get the voice prompts from the voicemail app,
> I hear tones that sound like the caller id tones that are heard when
> montoring a phone call. While watching my Asterisk CLI, I see this error
> at the sound of each tone:
>
> Jul 21 23:06:03 WARNING[5111]: res_adsi.c:292 __adsi_transmit_messages: Unexpected response to ack:  (retry 2)
>
> and then after a few tones I see:
> Jul 21 23:06:04 WARNING[5111]: res_adsi.c:296 __adsi_transmit_messages: Maximum ADSI Retries (3) exceeded
>
> and then the app conttinues :
>
>     -- Playing 'vm-youhave' (language 'en')
>     -- Playing 'digits/9' (language 'en')
>
> So Im guessing its something to do with ADSI.
>
> So far, I only have this problem when checking voicemail, not for outgoing
> calls to another voip<-->pstn gateway.
>

> Thank you,
> Steve Maroney

Indeed, that's the Comedian Mail ADSI scripting being sent to the device
as in-band FSK tones, just like CallerID. I know in zapata.conf, you can
specify adsi=no, but I don't think you can do it for iax. What's more,
IIRC, the ADSI scripting is hard-coded into app_voicemail.c and
therefore wouldn't be affected by the previously mentioned ADSI setting.
So it looks like you're stuck with it, unless either I'm wrong and you
can turn off app_voicemail's ADSI functions, or you go ahead and patch
up an ADSI-free version.

-Bryce
bryce at rhinoequipment.com