[Asterisk-Users] RE: Business Edition

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Jul 21 08:00:29 MST 2005

How many lines of code have you contributed to asterisk?  How many lines
of code were there when Digium GPL'd it?
- or -
Are you using Asterisk in a production environment?  If yes, how much
would a commercial solution have cost you?  How much $$/time do you have
in contributing code to asterisk?

Who is getting the better end of the deal?

By OS'ing Asterisk, Digium has given many folks the means to earn a
living -- there are independent consultants, integrators, installers,
calling card and VOIP businesses all built around Asterisk.  YOU are
getting some reward out of it, be it monetary or otherwise.  If you
contribute, others will benefit, just as you benefit from others'
contributions.  And Digium will sell the ABE and will have the cashflow
to support the infrastructure -- mailing lists, cvs, and their full-time
asterisk programmers...