[Asterisk-Users] ATXFER discussion, what's your opinion ?

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Thu Jul 21 03:10:56 MST 2005

Hello Adam,

>> In my opinion there should be only one "transfer" function, let suppose
>> it's called by #.

AG> Wrong, which other phone system have you used where every time you try
AG> and use some IVR that says "Enter your xyz number followed by the # key"
AG> and you end up being interrupted by asterisk to transfer the call ??

Well as you can see it was an example, actually you have to decide
this mapping in features.conf, so what's the point ? Let say is *# or
any other sequence :)

>> Eventually another function key can be enabled (let's say *): if you
>> do an attendend xfer transfer the * key will put in a
>> conference the original call, you and the
>> other party you are transfering.
>>
>> If any of the 3 hangs up while conferencing the conference should stay
>> up with the 2 remaining.

AG> Nope, because if there are three parties:
AG> A - You
AG> B - Outside caller 1
AG> C - Outside transfer party

AG> When you hangup, you don't want the other two legs to stay up,
AG> potentially forever depending on your hangup detection etc...

I know what I want!  :)

Why not, I'm announcing a call, then going conference, then leaving
because I already did my part, why the other 2 calls have to be
disconnected ... because hangup detection works bad ?

>> What do you think about this flow ?

AG> Any SIP phone (decent one) should have much more intuitive/instructive
AG> transfer process.

All I'm asking is a native function that can be used regardless of the
UA, if you got such functions integrated in the phone, better yet, is
up to you to choose then.

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                            mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it