[Asterisk-Users] "That is not a valid conference number.." with ztdummy running

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jul 21 00:24:49 MST 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:41:52PM -0400, O'Neill,Davin S. wrote:
> I previously had Asterisk 1.0.7 running on a Linux 2.4.x kernel with
> ztdummy.  I was able to do things like meetme and music on hold.  I
> recently installed Asterisk 1.0.9 on a different machine with a Linux
> 2.6.x kernel running ztdummy.  I installed and configured everything the
> same way, but when I try to call into a conference room I get the error
> message stating, "that is not a valid conference number...".

My first guess: udev. README.udev .

If that is not good enough, please try to demostrate (to yourself and to
us) that you have invastigated enough.

Why do you think that that error message is relevant to ztdummy/zaptel?
Can you back this up with more specific error messages?

And can you use zaptel timing? try running zttest, if possible, as the
same user that runs asterisk.