[Asterisk-Users] OT: Hottie ?!?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jul 20 19:42:51 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 21:02 -0700, Steve Totaro wrote:
> I have connected to a 3com system via t1 and e1.  t1 and e1 are standards,
> not proprietary.
>
> > Ok, my Real question is I noticed that Digium has relesed a new T1 card
> > with an echo canceller. I also noticed that its supports E&M Circuits. Im
> > I have very little knowledge on T1 circuits and traditional PBX's  so what
> > Im asking is can I use Digiums T1 card to connect to another PBX via a tie
> > line ? Or does the phone systems have to be the same ?

I think the confusion comes in from the different ways that T1s carry
data.  In general yes you can connect a traditional pbx to asterisk via
a T1/E1/J1 card providing they both can speak the same dialect.
Typically vendors make their interfaces support everything because you
never know what variant they will connect to.

It *might* use some secret proprietary standard on the pbx side but I
would say if it does that would be exceptionally rare (I havent come
across one that only does some secret propritary format).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378