[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and seimens hipath 3750

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jul 20 14:08:35 MST 2005

> Hello
>         I am planning to build a small PBX using
> TDM22B.
>
> We have a Siemens Hipath 3750 in operation
> already.
>
> When I manage to complete my PBX using TDM22B
> I would ofcourse like to be able to connect my Asterisk PBX
> with the Siemens Hipath 3750 PBX.
>
> Any issues that I need to be aware of ?
>
> What I am refering to is any compatibilty issues
> between asterisk PBX and Siemens 3750.
>
> I have never done all this before so I would
> appreciate all inputs.

Be sure to read and understand "answer supervision" and "disconnect
supervision" in terms of what the Hipath supports and what
asterisk supports via the TDM card. Seems like those two items
are very popular -user questions when interfacing to any
traditional pbx.

Also, don't make any assumptions on whether CallerID is or isn't
going to work. You'll need to resarch that as well.

Most traditional pbx switches assume pretty dumb phones are attached
to their line cards, therefore Asterisk may not be able to detect
a hangup from the Hipath and things like Voicemail may not work as
expected. (I've never seen a Hipath, so don't have a clue what it
actually supports.)