[Asterisk-Users] Unattended Agent Login

Frank Schoep frank at tintel.nl
Wed Jul 20 06:57:23 MST 2005

Hello all,

I've got a question regarding automatically logging in an agent on a
predefined extension. I want to provide agents with a webinterface they can
use to login in, now you might wonder why they can't use the phone - don't
ask - customers eh :-)

So what I basically need is a way to log in an agent using AgentCallbackLogin
at an extension without them having to answer / pickup a phone to do so. I
looked at the Manager API but did not find any command related to agent
logins.

I then thought up the possibility to login agents using predefined extensions,
to which I will add the AgentCallbackLogin command and later use Originate
using the Manager API to set up the calls. Has anyone got experience doing
the agent login in that way or some tips on how to do the actual
implementation?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Frank