[Asterisk-Users] presence in cvs head - how does one map extension to sip user?

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:51:12 MST 2005

Hello,

> >  I found, that in CVS Head, in chan_sip.c, there's some support of
> > asterisk. I have one question -- how does it map extensions to sip
> > user names? When my client "subscribes" to other extensions' presence,
> > they see all users online, but it may be because of voicemail
> > fallback. Is there a way to map extension to some sip user's presence?
>
> Yes, there are. Check the "hint" priority in your extensions.conf.sample
> in the source directory. Basically you connect an extension to one or
> several devices by entering a hint:
>
>         exten => 500,hint,SIP/juraj
>
> /Olle

again, thank you very much for explaining this. I added this piece of
information to the voip-info.org wiki, as many people have been asking
this on -users list before and there was a lack of information. If
anything on the page is not correct, feel free to edit:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+presence

   Best wishes,

    Juraj.