[Asterisk-Users] Transcoding

Martin Sutherland martin at ukgastech.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 05:14:42 MST 2005

Message is "no translator path exists for channel type CAPI (native 8) to 256"

>>> radamson at routers.com 19/07/05 13:44:29 >>>

> I though that Asterisk would transcode between codecs! All my SIP devices support G729a &
711a/u but my ISDN PRI/BRI lines use 711a/u. Asterisk is quite happy to accept a call from a SIP
device using G729a and then complains that it can't translate into G711 to go onto the ISDN
network. Does anybody know if there is some setting somewhere or if this is how it is supposed
to work

What does the sip debug show?

Any CLI data to give us a clue?

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: