[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy (again)

David Burgess dburgess at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 03:20:09 MST 2005

Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
> David Burgess wrote:
>
> >Matt Riddell wrote:

> >Yes. BTB I had no problem in this working with the V1-0 release.
> >

> >>So, you'd be running UDEV then...
> >>

> >Yes

> >>Don't forget you need to edit the rules and permission files for udev.
> >>The info is in /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev
> >>

> >Yes. I have done this and found that the latest makefile (I think)
> >updates these for you. Anyway whats in rules and environment
> >looks OK.
> >I have checked on /dev/zap and /dev/zaptel and they seem OK.
> >
> >This has me stumped.
> >

> Hi,
> I know you said that you've just *re*-installed, implying that there
> have been no HW changes, but I do know that ztdummy does not co-exist
> with certain other modules needed for certain HW (eg: zaphfc for pci
> ISDN BRI cards).
No BRI,

> Maybe give this list a full config and then someone with more experience
> than me could help.
> Cheers,
> Zoltan

Intel D815EA, Pentium 3, ~800Mhz, 512Mb Memory, SCSI 2940U2
Onboard Video, sound.

# uname -r
2.6.11-1.35_FC3

The history is that I installed Asterisk a fortnight ago from v1-0, got
over the udev hassle did the ztdummy fix and it all worked with IAX
via asterisk. (Using  IAXComm clients).

Deleted the lot (keeping copies of the asterisk and zaptel setup) and
repeated the process with head.

DB