[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy (again)

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jul 19 00:42:52 MST 2005

David Burgess wrote:

>Matt Riddell wrote:
>

>>David Burgess wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>I am new to the list.
>>>I have just *re*-installed and rebuilt asterisk from the head
>>>branch and I am left with the problem that the sound bounces
>>>around. When installing zaptel I get the following message from
>>>ztcfg.
>>>
>>>Lastest head and fedora 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
>>>

>Yes. BTB I had no problem in this working with the V1-0 release.
>

>>So, you'd be running UDEV then...
>>

>Yes
>

>>>modprobe -v ztdummy
>>>install /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdummy && /sbin/ztcfg
>>>insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.35_FC3/misc/ztdummy.ko
>>>ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
>>>FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy
>>>

>>Don't forget you need to edit the rules and permission files for udev.
>>The info is in /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev
>>

>Yes. I have done this and found that the latest makefile (I think)
>updates these for you. Anyway whats in rules and environment
>looks OK.
>I have checked on /dev/zap and /dev/zaptel and they seem OK.
>
>This has me stumped.

Hi,
I know you said that you've just *re*-installed, implying that there
have been no HW changes, but I do know that ztdummy does not co-exist
with certain other modules needed for certain HW (eg: zaphfc for pci
ISDN BRI cards).

Maybe give this list a full config and then someone with more experience
than me could help.
Cheers,
Zoltan

--