[Asterisk-Users] Codecs and bandwidth

Dan Perik dan_perik at ntm.org
Mon Jul 18 12:58:17 MST 2005

If you include down + up, yes, it's actually about 150-160 using uLaw +
IP/UDP/RTP/signaling overhead.  But that's a little misleading, I think.

1/2 of that (~75-80) is down, 1/2 of that (~75-80) is up.  So if you
have, say, a 1.5Mbps down/384 up DSL connection, you can do up to 4
calls simultaneously.  80*4 = 320.  You'd be using 320kbps down and
320kbps up, which is within your 1500kbps down / 384 kbps up.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Dan