[Asterisk-Users] long pause on dialing..

Randy Williams randyw at techsource.com
Mon Jul 18 09:34:51 MST 2005

Greetings,

This may be an artifact of the particular phone you are using.  I know that both
Grandstream and SNOM products allow you to set a timeout for "auto-dial" (which
is how long to wait after the last button press before dialing the number
present).

I have my units set to three settings:

2 seconds for the receptionist
5 seconds for most everyone else
30 seconds for some of our elder employees who need extra time while
transcribing a phone number

Check your phone settings to see if there is something you can set.

However, there may be something else at fault...

RandyW