[Asterisk-Users] long pause on dialing..

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Mon Jul 18 09:40:21 MST 2005

Hi,
it is hard to answer without the right piece of extensions.conf but
remember there is a digit timeout in Asterisk: you enter 9 digits but in
the dialplan there is a match for 10 digits so how can Asterisk know if
you want to call the 9-digits number or the 10-digits? After 9 digits it
waits for a while...if another digit is dialed then it can call the
10-digit number otherwise it calls the 9-digits number. You can lower
Asterisk digit timeout but remember that not all users are so fast to
dial...

Giorgio.