[Asterisk-Users] SoftPhones: Bad, or just bad QoS?

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:54:41 MST 2005

> This is software. Use manageble software. If "software" means separate
> setup on each desktop, then don't use it. If you spend that much time on
> setting up phones, imagine how long it takes you to update other
> software packages. This is, then, a symptom of a general problem.
I would like to implement central management in my softphone. What
would be the best way to accomplish this ?

Currently, all the settings are stored in the registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER. So, if you use a roaming profile, the settings
follow you.

I would appreciate people's input on what would be desirable, and I'll
try to implement it so it would be more easy to manage.

Thanks