[Asterisk-Users] IAX register confusion

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Mon Jul 18 09:03:28 MST 2005

I have been unable to understand the connection between an IAX
registration for dynamic IP assignment and and the host definition.

I have signed up with an ITSP for a DID. My ip is dynamic and although I
have a dynamic DNS name, we are registering and outbound works fine.
I'm at a loss to understand the relationship between the registration
and the [section] definition in iax.conf that will allow me to specify
my context for inbound calls and deal with the inbound DID.

For example:

register => myuser:mypasswd at my.itsp.com
;OK. This part works fine. My dial statement calls
; exten =>
_NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial,IAX2/myuser:mypasswd at my.itsp.com/${EXTEN},45,tr)
;

; VoIP Local service from myitsp
;[something] ???
[LO_TRNK_MYSWITCH]
type=peer
host=dynamic
context=from-myitsp
secret=mypasswd
qualify=3000
; How do I construct this entry? I would _like_ the entry to be labelled
; LO_TRNK_MYSWITCH so I can maintain a naming convention that makes
; sense.
; How do I associate this with the inbound itsp so the calls come into
; the "s" extension in a particular context so I can deal with the DID?

I simply don't see how I associate the inbound stream with my section
heading?

Thanks, dbc.
--
David Cook