[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk@home

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sun Jul 17 20:42:41 MST 2005

Michael Felder wrote:
> Hello
> What is the difference between these 2 version of Asterisk in terms of
> functionality.
> For a small office am I going to run into problems if I use the easy
> version...
>
> Mike

Asterisk at Home is a Linux distribution that makes it easy to install
Asterisk and a few other Asterisk related applications (like AMP).

Asterisk is the main application that makes Asterisk at Home different from
the CentOS distro (which is what it is based off of).

Your question is a little like what is the difference between Apache and
Fedora (Fedora usually includes Apache on server installs).

That being said, Asterisk at Home is crippled, but only because by default
is uses AMP, which somewhat limits what you can change via it's interface.

--
Kristian Kielhofner