[Asterisk-Users] howto on ISDN HFC cards with AAH v1.1

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sun Jul 17 04:28:07 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 07:28:06PM +0200, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>

>>Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>>>What can I say?
>>>
>>>Once you get bristuff built, try my up-to-date genzaptelconf from
>>>http://tzafrir.org.il/genzaptelconf . The folks from AAH modified it a
>>>bit and I never bot any useful patches from them, soi I have no idea how
>>>this works with latest AAH.
>>>

>>Thanks - will do.
>>
>>I think everythings just been stuffed up.
>>The bristuff install shell wgets asterisk 1.0.8, zaptel & libpri. then
>>auto untars it and runs a compile script.
>>

>bristuff RC8h is for 1.0.8, RC8j is for 1.0.9 . Apart from that, there's
>proctically no difference between the two.
>

>>zaptel & libpri got errors, but asterisk seems ok (i just ran it & my
>>phones are authenticating).
>>

>So maybe you use old zaptel & libpri ?

Nope - remember: you make in the order of  zaptel, libpri then asterisk,
which siggetst at zaptel time, asterisk is not relevant.
On looking at it, my actual problem was that there was no /usr/src/linux
link to the headers (only a /usr/src/linux-2.4) - there is also a lovely
rant about redhat in the README file - so all I had to do was:
    ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4 /usr/src/linux
    ./compile.sh

>>so now to work out what the f...  about those damn isdn cards.....  :-(
>>

>Do you have a spare partition on that system? If so, give rapid a
>shot...

I wish!!
AAH takes over the entire HD & format it accordingly. I would love to
have split this HD into 2 partition sets, so that I could install AAH on
the one set and SuSE9.3 with latest asterisk on the other partition set.
(I dont have time to play with parted and sort this out as this system
needs to be up and running by tomorrow)

Cheers for now,
Zoltan

--