[Asterisk-Users] Paging (I know, AGAIN)

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Jul 16 08:07:11 MST 2005

Hey everybody,

I've been trying to recreate a paging unit that we have in house that
basically, when a user calls extension 44, it records their message.
When they hang-up, it plays a notification tone and then plays back the
message.  I thought this should be easy, I have a sound card in the
Asterisk box, I have chan_oss loaded and working, I planned on hooking
the sound card up to the aux port on the Bogen.  The problem is I can't
get it to continue beyond the first sound file.  Relevant portions of
the dialplan below:

In my globals:

PAGING=Console/DSP

I'm running Asterisk HEAD as of July 16, 2005

[livonia-page]

;   Check to see if paging is in use
;   If active = YES, goto line 9, else continue on to 3
exten => s,1,Set(active=${DB(paging/active)})
exten => s,2,GotoIf($["${active}" = "YES"]?9:3)

;  Set paging/active to YES
exten => s,3,Set(DB(paging/active)=YES)

;  Log paging to console
exten => s,4,NoOP(Paging *Livonia*)

; Begin record (No longer then 30 seconds)
exten => s,5,Record(paging:gsm||30)

;  Play stutter tone
exten => s,6,Dial(${PAGING}||A(local/stutter)g)

;  Play recorded paging message
exten => s,7,Dial(${PAGING}||A(paging)g)

;  Set paging/active to NO
exten => s,8,Set(DB(paging/active)=NO)

;  Hang up
exten => s,9,Hangup()

I've used the g option because the archives said to, but g is for when
the 'called' party has hung up.  In this case, the called party is the
console and it doesn't hang up.  I've tried the h extension, but it
doesn't seem to go beyond h,1.  Trying h,2 h,3 doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doug