[Asterisk-Users] 2 TDM04B In Asterisk at home

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 15 13:52:40 MST 2005

> I have seen various other problems with the cards not detected, but I seem to suffer a
different fate. The system boots and recognizes fine, but when I call in from an external line,
all I hear is a horrible static. The system works fine when only 1 card is present. I have
already moved the new card to a different pci slot. Any suggestions on what I have done?

We'll need at least some technical data to even guess at what's wrong.

Copy and paste output from
'ztcfg -vv'
'lsmod'
'dmesg' (looking for lines like Module 0: and TDM400P Rev H
entries from /etc/zaptel.conf (remove all the commented lines please)
entries from /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf (only those that pertain to [channels]
which o/s distro are you using
which asterisk (stable or head) and version
output from 'zap show channels'
output from 'zap show status'
CLI output for an inbound call where you here the noise

Give us a hint as to which zap channel you're calling in on.