[Asterisk-Users] How to get _out_ of an attended transfer?

Udo udo at udo.comlink.org
Fri Jul 15 10:16:30 MST 2005

Hi,

I've got attended (superivised) transfer working with a handful of SIP phones, connected via different ATA's to an Asterisk
CVS-D2005.05.28.22.00.00-07/12/05-20:47:08.

pingu*CLI> show features
Feature                   Default Current
-------                   ------- -------
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       **
Attended Transfer                 #
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call

The 'standard' transfer, as I would call it, works fine:
A calls B, B pushes # and dials C's number, C answers, B talks to C, B hangs up and A is connected to C.

Also this version works:
A calls B, B pushes # and dials C's number, C answers, B talks to C, C doesn't wanna take the call and hangs up: B is connected to A
again.

1st problem:
A calls B, B pushes # and dials C's number, but C doesn't answer. How can B get back to A?

2nd problem:
A calls B, B pushes # and dials C's number, but C doesn't answer and the timeout of the dial command occurs: This causes A and B to
get disconnected! I think this is a bug.

3rd problem:
A calls B, B pushes # and dials C's number, C's voicemail answers, but if B hangs up, A also gets disconnected.

I've read a few mails and articles dealing with this issue but found no solution. Some suggested to hang up and use *8 to pickup the
call again, but this didn't work for me (pickup doesn't work for me at all - does it has to do with groups? I never tried that).

Anyone got a solution for this tranfer issues?

Udo