[Asterisk-Users] OT (kinda): Justification for adding Asteriskto the business plan

William Lloyd wlloyd at slap.net
Fri Jul 15 08:56:01 MST 2005

It's all about the testing before rollout.

The problem with the run of the mill IT guy (especially ones involved
in web sites) they tend to think that testing something means you try
a few calls and if it works it's all fine.

Testing isn;t beating into them in the same way it is in the telecom
guys.

There are often unforeseen implications of changing the smallest
little knob on the system.  Unless you are willing to really think
about how to make the box fail and try the permutations and
combinations the end user is always going to be unhappy.

At the end of the day for some incremental income you don;t want to
take an otherwise happy customer and turn him into a nightmare in the
search to add a little VOIP.

-bill